Monica is an experienced Electrologist registered with the BIAE, is trained to Level 4 Skin Blemish Reduction and Advanced Electrolysis, has a degree Laser and Light Therapies Diploma, and is a fully qualified advanced beauty therapist.
She also has BSc (Hons) in Biology from UCL, and a BSc (Hons) in Health Sciences from the University of Westminster, and a background in working in hospital research and the pharmaceutical sector.
Monica updates her training and skills regularly, and is committed and passionate about her work in skin therapies. She also trains other therapists in the ‘De Bella Method’ and is a keen writer on natural skincare both online and in trade magazines.
Below is a list of CPD and further training (most of it anyway…)
- July 2019 Level 5 Laser Safety Supervisor Qualification (LSO)
- June 2019 Electrolysis Workshop (Peterborough)
- April 2019 Apilus 3G Electrolysis Training
- Dec 2018 Variable Pulsed Light (VPL) Ultra training by Energist Ltd
- Oct 2018 Professional Beauty talk on ‘ABC of Lasers’ (Manchester)
- Sept 2018 Accor Plasma Technology Seminar (BIAE, London)
- Apr 2018 Diabetes and Electrolysis Seminar (BIAE, London)
- Feb 2018 Masced Accreditation (Melanoma and Skin Cancer Early Detection Training)
- Oct 2017 Associate Member of British Dermatological Nursing Group
- Sept 2017 Skin Alkaline Wash Level 3 Training (Ascot)
- Sept 2017 Level 4 Sterex Advanced Cosmetic Procedures Training for mole reduction etc (Birmingham)
- July 2017 St John’s Ambulance 1st Aid at Work training (Durham)
- June 2017 Postgraduate Electrolysis Workshop (Peterborough)
- Apr 2017 BIAE AGM and Electrolysis Seminar (London)
- Jan 2017 Level 3 Award in Enterprise Mentoring IOEE (Derwentside Enterprise Agency)
- Nov 2016 Passed written and practical exams and gained BIAE (British Institute and Association of Electrolysis) Registration.
- June 2016 Level 4 Advanced Electrolysis Diploma for thread vein, milia and skin tag removal (Birmingham)
- March 2015 Sterex Transgender and Surgical Electrolysis Training (Birmingham)
- Feb 2014 Karen Betts Noveau Group and Cosmetic Permanent Make-up Event (Middlesborough)
- Sept 2013 Postgraduate certificate in Advanced Electrolysis – thread vein removal (Nottigham)
- March 2013 Making Cosmetics Convetion (Coventry)
- Oct 2012 Energist iPulse IPL Training (Durham)
- 2011-2012 Degree Module in Laser and Light Technologies Level 4 (Newcastle)
- March 2009 Cosmetic Legislation
- May 2005 Advanced Bridal Make-up (California)
- 2004-2007 Beauty Therapy training
- Nov 2003 Nutritional Consultant Diploma (California)
- 2002 Dispenser at The Organic Pharmacy (London)
- 1998-2001 Pharmaceutical Trial Data Manager