Thank you for all your support and for taking the time to read our guidelines. Your safety is our top priority at all times.
We look forward to seeing you soon,
Monica, Nicola, Georgia, Morgan and Jess xx
What you can expect from us:
- A very warm welcome!
- A promise that we will follow all guidelines and do everything we can to minimise the risk to you and ourselves as much as possible
- That we have undertaken industry specific COVID-19 training for safe-reopening
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment which is revised and updated as necessary, in compliance with the Government’s guidelines
- That we will keep up to date with the guidelines and make any necessary changes to the way we work in general and to how we deliver specific treatments
- We will wear the recommended PPE such as visors and masks
- We will adhere to personal hygiene measures such as frequent hand washing and sanitising
- We will sanitise ALL surfaces, equipment, tablets, phones and doors after every use
- We will not come into work if we or anyone in our household has symptoms
- We will give you clear information when you book and answer any questions you may have
- We will keep your health and safety, and that of our salon staff, as our top priority at all times
What we would like from you:
- To come back confidently to our salon
- To use the gel provided as soon as you enter
- To have your temperature taken on entering
- To leave bulky personal belongings at home
- To arrive alone for your appointment except if necessary (e.g. a minor or those needing assistance)
- To not arrive early for your appointment to minimise any waiting time in salon
- To fill in our COVID-19 Health Questionnaire or consultation forms in advance if we send them to you via email, text or online
- To wear a mask or facial covering at all times unless we require you to remove it for certain treatments
- To give us your up to date contact details for possible ‘contact tracing’
- To pay by card or contact-less whenever possible
- To reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household has symptoms
Our ‘Mascne’ Spray is featured in Vitality Magazine Nov-Dec 2020
In Sept 2020 we launched our ‘Skin Calming Mist’ to combat what is now known as ‘Mascne’ – spots and skin irritation due to frequent face covering. Monica formulated this all natural spray with organic ingredients such as aloe vera to soothe and heal skin, peppermint as an antiseptic and to help breathe better, and tea tree and witch hazel for spot prevention. The spray has been very popular with our clients and we have been able to donate some of our profits to NHS charities.
Opening of The Skin & Beauty Clinic’ – Feature in Vitality Magazine Mar/Apr 2018
In January 2018 Monica teamed up with friend and fellow beauty therapist Nicola to open a clinic in Sherburn Village offering the latest beauty, skin and aesthetic treatments all under one roof!
Acne research study published in Vitality Magazine July/Aug 2017
Monica contributed to a study led by Dr Katerina Steventon on the treatment of Acne.
De Bella Organic Blackcurrant Facial Concentrate featured in the Mar/Apr 2017 issue of Vitality magazine
“Monica’s clients are busy raving about her De Bella products, particularly the De Bella Blackcurrant Concentrate” and are saying things like “I love the fine texture and subtle scent”.
‘Monica and Rachel team up‘
Monica has teamed up with Rachel Hoggart of Harmonize Beauty, a holistic therapist and aromatherapist with 20 years experience, to develop a line of natural and organic bath and body oils all with expertly selected pure essential oils and organic oils to suit a variety of skin conditions.
‘Go your Own Way’ – Cover Story about members who create and make their own products.
Full page feature on Monica and De Bella Natural Skincare – it’s long heritage and Monica’s journey into making Skincare.
Thank you BABTAC team, love it!
“Bespoke skin-care and hair-care, and customisation of products are on the up for 2015. I have been reading about how big brands such as Clinique are now offering more personalised services and see it taking off in smaller salons and spas.”